Using our sugar cookie & brownie recipes, we've created these adorable taco cookies! Yup, you read that right, brownie & cookie within one delicious treat, made into adorable tacos. Perfect for Cinco de Mayo, Taco Tuesday, or any other occasion, these cookies are as tasty as they are adorable. Make this along with our Cinco de Mayo Piñata Cake & you're set for the ultimate fiesta!
- your favorite sugar cookie recipe
- ½ cup shredded coconut, divided
- handful of sour cherry candies, halved
- whipped cream
- brownie, mashed
- green food coloring
- orange food coloring
- Bake cookies according to instructions allowing them to be fully cooked yet not golden brown. Remove from oven & let cool for 2 minutes.
- Lay cookies over the spatula handles forming into a taco shell shape. Some may break along the way. Squish the cookie back together with your hands & then begin the process again.
- Let cookies sit 6-8 hours. Fill shells with mashed up brownie. Divide coconut into two separate plastic bags. Add green food coloring to one bag & orange to the other. Close bags & shake coconut around in dye until the color of lettuce & cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle colored coconut flakes & candies over brownie. Serve with sides of whipped cream & extra toppings. Enjoy!
Images & Recipe: Public Lives, Secret Recipes
About the Contributor
Caitlin is the founder of Chicago based lifestyle web publication Public Lives, Secret Recipes which specializes in recipe development, DIY tutorials, fashion posts, & much more. Aside from the blog, Caitlin is the founder of Krispops, a crisped rice cake pop company, that you can order online! Be sure to shop Krispops here & follow PLSR on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, & Pinterest!